Spirit Dental insurance provides you with dental coverage, freeing your bank account and ensuring no interruption in your treatment. Unfortunately, many people still don’t have any insurance for dental care and don’t know what a big impact it has on their health. It’s important to know that if you have an oral infection, it can easily spread to other parts of the body like the heart, lungs, or throat. Preventive dentistry is not just good for preventing tooth decay—it’s good for preventing costly surgeries later on in life.
Dentists routinely suggest preventive care and monitoring as a way to prevent an illness like gum disease. Preventive dental care, including regular screenings and preventative procedures, is one of the most essential things you can do for your health.
Preventive dentistry has been proven to be effective. Studies have shown that using fluoride treatments and professional cleanings with sealants helps prevent cavities in children and infants by as much as 60%.
What is Spirit Dental insurance?
Spirit Dental insurance is a great way to get started on preventive care and to improve your dental health. It’s designed to give you the coverage you need while taking some of the worries out of financial stress. If you’ve been putting off going to the dentist because of the cost, this is a great way to get started. The plan works with dental offices in over 650 locations in Ontario, so there’s likely one close by that’s already enrolled.
Dental insurance doesn’t have to be difficult or confusing. Each year Spirit chooses a list of dental procedures and treatments that they cover. Your deductible is also pre-set and predictable.
How it work?
The plan works with your dentist, so you can rest assured it’s fully in your hands. You’ll have access to a network of dentists in Ontario where you’ll see the same dentist each time or at least on a regular basis.
One visit every six months with a dentist is all you need to be covered. You can’t afford to skip out on regular dental cleanings and exams. It’s vital that your dentist check for potential health problems each time. Spirit Dental insurance covers up to $1,000 in preventative dental care. Preventive dentistry is important for keeping your teeth, gums, and mouth healthy.
If you’ve been putting off going to the dentist for any number of concerns about cost, this is a great way to start changing that. It’s easy to enroll and you can get started as soon as possible.
Preventive treatments covered by the Spirit Dental insurance plan include cleanings, X-rays, oral cancer screening, and fluoride treatments. It even covers the cost of a root canal if it’s deemed necessary. There are no hidden fees or surprises. Spirit Dental insurance offers peace of mind and helps you feel more relaxed when it comes to your dental health.
- Your deductible is already covered.
- The dentist and the office are part of the plan network. They’ll have all of your information from before, which means less time filling out forms and more time getting work done!
- You’ll get a professional cleaning as needed. This can strengthen your gums and prevent larger issues with your teeth down the road.
- You can get a checkup every six months to make sure there are no other problems cropping up that you need to address right away.
- If you need urgent services, typically within 24-48 hours of being contacted by the dentist on staff, you don’t have to worry about whether it’s going to be covered.
- There are no limits on the work that your dentist can do.
- You’re part of a plan that cares about your teeth! With all of the benefits listed above, it’s not hard to see why. You’ll feel good knowing that you’re taking charge of your health and doing something proactive to improve it.
- It’s affordable! With a basic plan, your deductible is as low as $1 or $2 and Spirit will also cover a dental emergency, which can cost as much as $350.
- You won’t have to worry about the financial impact of having a dental emergency.
- The plan is flexible and customizable, so you can be ready for anything the future might bring.
- You can get started by filling out a few forms online or over the phone and becoming insured within 24 hours.
- If you have any questions or concerns, you can easily contact a member of the staff and they’ll make sure you understand your coverage and what’s best for your health.
- Some of the benefits aren’t covered, including bridges and crowns.
- The plan has a greater deductible compared to other plans, so you’ll have to pay more out of pocket until it’s all covered.
- It doesn’t cover emergency services, like root canals or extractions.
- You have to be a patient at the practice with which they’re affiliated. If your dentist leaves the practice before your contract is up, you’ll have to find another dentist who is part of their network.
- Being enrolled in this plan is a commitment for the length of your coverage. If you leave the network, you’ll have to find another dentist and get started again from scratch.
- Your dentist’s office must be a participating office with Spirit Dental insurance in order to be covered. The list of participating dentists is growing every year, but it will take time before you can find one close by or across the country that’s part of the program.
- A dentist may not be able to take you as a new patient. Their office might have limited space and resources, so they won’t be able to accommodate all patients.
- Your coverage is limited by what’s been pre-negotiated between you, the dentists involved, and Spirit Dental insurance. They can refuse to cover services entirely or restrict them based on what’s been agreed upon and the information that you’ve provided about your health.
- If you need emergency care, Spirit will cover up to $1,000. However, if you need a root canal or extraction that costs more than that. You’ll be responsible for the rest of the cost.
- You may have trouble finding a dentist in your area who uses your preferred plan, even though it’s possible.
Health insurance and dental insurance sound like great ideas in the abstract. But you probably have questions about whether or not you’d use them. There are a lot of different plans that offer a lot of different benefits. So you’ll need to figure out what’s best for your situation. You can’t go wrong with this plan if your dentist is already at one of their participating locations. If they’re not, they may be able to suggest another office that uses their services. Or you’ll have to pursue a new plan altogether.