Continental American insurance company is the world’s largest insurance and financial services company, with operations in over 130 countries.
Continental American Insurance Group has been ranked as Fortune’s #1 most admired company in the U.S., with a reputation for superior customer service and industry-leading innovations to protect customers and businesses worldwide. With its highly diversified business model, through which it provides property/casualty, life/health, retirement solutions, and investment management services among others to help address customer needs from birth to death and every stage in between.
What is Continental American insurance company?
Founded in 1871, Continental American insurance company (formerly Continental Insurance Company) is the world’s largest insurance and financial services company, with operations in more than 130 countries. With over $240 billion in assets and insuring over 94 million customers, Continental has a franchise of 34 million agents worldwide. Our vision is to be the preferred choice for all our customers’ financial needs. We are proud that our record of service and value delivery has been recognized by Fortune’s Top 100 Companies each year since the list was first published in 1986.
The Company combines an unparalleled network of financial professionals with a culture dedicated to delivering innovative products and services. Whether life, property/casualty, or retirement-related, clients will find a comprehensive range of products within our extensive global network.
Continental America offers innovative products, from traditional whole life insurance to variable annuities with guaranteed lifetime income riders and universal life, as well as face-to-face counseling for educational programs such as tax-advantaged college savings plans and estate planning services.
Is Continental Life insurance part of Aetna?
No, Continental American Insurance Group and Aetna are completely separate companies.
What are the similarities between Continental American Insurance Group and Aetna?
Both Aetna and Continental American Insurance Group have strong brands, which is why you will see many Aetna licensed agents and other vendors, such as banks and mortgage companies, who offer products for both. The two companies have historically had a close working relationship in several areas of their businesses.
Employee Benefits, where the companies have worked over the years to help develop and deliver a multitude of employer-sponsored retirement plans, including defined benefit pension plans, 401(k) plans, and other group employee benefits.
Continental Corporate Reinsurance Services (CCRS), which is doing business as Banque in Brazil and Continental American Insurance Company in other countries. CCRS provides a broad range of property/casualty reinsurance products through our network of brokers worldwide.
Benefits of this insurance
- Many insurance agents will work with both companies to make sure you are making the most of your benefits package, such as combining your health insurance, life insurance and personal property/casualty policies into a single policy or adding a rider or endorsement that pays out when you need it.
- You also have access to Discount Drug Program through pharmacies which can help lower the cost of your prescription medications
- In addition, you can join a network of more than 35 million members through Aetna’s corporate employee benefits business and/or CIGNA’s Medicare Advantage plans for people age 65 and older. This can make it easier for you to stay active, healthy, and well.
- You can also receive special discounts for participating in wellness programs that help prevent health problems from ever starting by encouraging positive lifestyle changes such as regular exercise, good nutrition, and smoking cessation.
- You’ll also have access to other Aetna and CIGNA Human Resources benefits such as a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, life insurance, and disability insurance.
- All of these benefits can help contribute to keeping you healthy, active, and supported throughout your life.
Why choose Continental American Insurance Group?
- Comprehensive range of product offerings: Life insurance, health and dental plans, identity protection services, property/casualty policies, educational savings programs, credit cards, and individual and group legal plans.
- Choice of rates and coverages, from traditional whole life policies to variable annuities with guaranteed lifetime income riders, along with universal life insurance, including critical illness insurance and disability insurance.
- Access to thousands of agents and brokers at no additional cost through Aetna’s network of licensed representatives
- In-person service; individualized care; a direct response to customer needs; dedicated salesforce
- Innovative and creative solutions to manage your business under one roof.
- Full range of retirements and investment management benefits, such as pension plans, 401(k) plans, insurance-based annuities, and mutual fund products
- The diverse set of services for consumers: 5 Million+ clients worldwide
- Other products include long-term care insurance, disability income protection, short term disability income protection, supplemental life insurance, and ID protection services
- Experience and capacity to innovate insurance products. And services to meet customer needs including more than 50 years of experience in life insurance
- Ability to help develop and deliver a multitude of employer-sponsored retirement plans (pension plans, 401(k) plans, etc)
- Part of a financial services company with a worldwide presence—over 34 million agents
- Strong brand, solid reputation, and leading market position.
- Access to a network of more than 34 million agents in more than 175 countries
- Dedicated salesforce, face-to-face interaction, comprehensive range of products, in-depth knowledge of client needs through personalized service
- Offer products and services to help customers achieve their financial goals and protect what they value most: life insurance
- Ongoing review of product offerings and customer service standards to better meet customers’ needs.
Types of insurance
Life insurance is designed to help provide a financial safety net for you and your loved ones.
Our life insurance products include whole life, universal life, variable universal life, fixed and variable universal (annuities) as well as other products like disability income insurance. Life insurance helps protect you from the risks of losing significant parts of your accumulated savings and capital. Life insurance also protects your family and loved ones during the difficult event of a person’s passing. In the event, they don’t have enough to cover an immediate need.
Health insurance for individuals, families, and employers. Therefore, our health insurance plans are designed to help provide access to quality medical care at an affordable price. Including dental and vision coverage. We have group health plans from large employers, to mid-sized employers and individuals as well as healthcare coverage for children.
Other Property & Casualty Coverage
Homeowners insurance for both residential and commercial properties. Therefore, auto insurance provides coverage for your car or other vehicles that you drive on public roads or parking lots. Comprehensive coverage can help pay for damages to your car or other property in certain situations, such as vandalism.
ID Theft Coverage
With ID theft coverage you can protect yourself from the consequences of being a victim of identity theft. (Coverage may not be available in all states.)
Additional Insurance Products and Services
Aetna offers a variety of additional insurance products and services, including home security systems and identity theft protection services. The company also provides disability income insurance plans through our disability income protection offerings.